Quoted from OmniFind website.
IBM and Yahoo! make information actionable with a simple,
no-charge enterprise search solution.
I have been able to play a few month with the OmniFind Yahoo! Edition from IBM, it’s quiet some powerful tool offered for free compared to the other search engines that are offered on the net such as Google Custom Search Business, Google Mini, ISYS Web, Mondo Search, and some other tools that are listed here(http://www.searchtools.com).
Here are the features of OYE (OmniFind Yahoo! Edition)
Search internal web sites, local and remote file systems, and the public web
- Search up to 500,000 documents and 5 separate collections
- Support for 200+ file types
- Search in 30+ languages
- Translated into 15 languages View Screen Shot
Intuitive out-of-the-box user interface with advanced features
- Based on Yahoo! Search UI View Screen Shot
- Easily customized with graphical tools to configure look-and-feel, UI elements, branding View Screen Shot
- Spell suggestion
- Full wildcard support
Increased relevancy of results
- Configurable synonyms and featured links View Screen Shot
- Tunable relevancy controls View Screen Shot
- Top queries, no results, and result click through reporting to enable fine-tuning View Screen Shot
Easy to deploy, configure, and maintain
- No prerequisites
- 3-click installer
- 1-click startup
- Go from the installer to searching in minutes
Open and extensible
- Built on Apache Lucene
- Open URL-based APIs (REST)
- Define, populate and search your own custom fields
- Easily embeddable and customizable UI output (XML/XSTL/HTML, HTML snippets)
From my point of view the only inconvenience with this tool is that is not open for any plug in or add in functionalities. That could really help make it much much better for users. But again, this tool is complete and contains all the needed functionalities for an Entry Level Enterprise Search Engine.