Let’s go again on some social network website that i got invitation from 🙂 thanks jessica. The site is called Wallop and it’s still in beta… a completely refasionned style of social network in flash…
Lets get throught some screen caps first and then talk a bit about it…
This is the main screen of Wallop, that displays your user profile and tools for navigation on the website
My Music… Nice feature… you can upload your MP3 and listen to them…. online… also people in your network can listen to them.
My Blog… get your post directly on your wallop simple and easy just put the link of your feed and your good to go…
My Conversation… Very strange stuff… it’s kind of monitor everything you do… when i post photo comments or make a post on my blog they just add up to the conversation… the reason behind that… still unknown.
My Network… Interesting… you can have range of people that you can place near of further away from you depending on the relation they have with you… nicely though… 🙂
My Picture… As usual the normal image gallery that let you upload your photo and display them either on your main screen or put them as background…
Seems quiet interesting but, it’s a closed network so only people using Wallop can see you… 🙁
There is also Mods that i did not mention… they are like plugins that you can integrate to your page… but we’ll discuss about that when i get to know it a bit more.
In my previous post i mentioned that it came from Microsoft right…. oh yes i mentioned it 🙂 When publishing it does not use the Categories that have been selected it always post with uncategorized. Seems there is a problem with the tags but did go any deeper in it… So seems i won’t be using this small piece of “software” and go back to my classic web interface from wordpress which does the job right like i tell it.
I update this post because the problem does not seem to arise at home… when i was at the office every post i published went automatically to uncategorized even though i choosen my category from the category selection…
Since i won’t be at the office for the weekend, on monday i’ll try it and see if the problem is still there (this would mean that there could have been either some possible issue with my machine there or the internet connection or something else)
anyway thanks for the comment spike. Seem’s after all that i’ll be using this piece of software :), even though i don’t know what happened at the office this afternoon :S
I’ll keep this post updated if i find out about anything.
I saw a mention of this tool, while surfing on a blog so i told myself why not give it try :). Could be something good/working even from Microsoft =). The interface is very simple and comfortable. And you can not only use it for Live Space, but for several different blog provider… i am using wordpress and which is really powerful. now back to Windows Live Writer. from the download page here is the description
What it is
Windows Liveâ¢ Writer is a free, downloadable program that will help you include rich content in your blog posts and know exactly what your blog will look like before you publish it to the Web.
What it gives you
â¢ WYSIWYG editing: Edit using the style of your blog, including fonts, colors, line spacing, margins, etc.
â¢ Rich content: The ability to insert and customize rich content like photos, maps and more
â¢ Offline editing: Support for offline editing to compose posts even when you’re not connected to the Internet
â¢ Blog preview: Rich HTML and source-code previewing of your blog post before you upload it
â¢ Smart image publishing : Smart image publishing directly to your blog automatically links your thumbnails to larger images with more detail
â¢ Compatibility: Support for publishing to Windows Live Spaces, as well as Blogger, LiveJournal, TypePad, WordPress, and many other servicesChange the size of your graphics, and add borders and other effects
I have to try it for a week and then give some feedback to this post…
The name ziki seems strangely attracted toward that of wiki, but this not the case…
Definition for ziki
What is Ziki ?
Ziki helps you control your online identity and offers a new way to search, share, promote and monetize your content.
Your Ziki is your place on the web to say who you are, what you do, what you want to do and who you network with.
Definition of wiki
What is wiki ?
A wiki — pronounced WICK-ee or WEE-kee — is a web site that makes it simple for anyone to create and share web pages, images, and much more in an instant. If you can browse, you can wiki!
Invented by Ward Cunningham and named after the Hawaiian word for quick, wikis are the quickest way for you, your team, or your community to establish a unique online presence.
now we know they are not at all related. 🙂
lets get back to the ziki account that i created which can be seen here. Its a social network based on tags same concept as technorati tags. But creating a link for people with same tags, kind of weird searching for people with the same tags… i tried sleep and it resulted with only 2 people tagged as sleep, so i am wondering is there only 2 people on this entire site that like to sleep… anyway lets not get away from the main subject.
There is one cool stuff that i can see on this website, the promotion of your ziki profile… it is mentioned on the site that they can buy paid advertisement on google, yahoo, msn for your ziki profile for not more than $10. seems pretty much awsome to me 🙂 getting free paid advertising on the web. so i am wondering how this is going to work up… i’ll keep this post updated about how this goes. till then you can just take a look at ziki.
So like i said they really buy sponsored link for your name 🙂 thats cool here is the google search result.
Today i wanted a nice and cool way to add some Technorati tags to my post. I searched the web as usual and came by this really good plugin that did the job as it should be.
Still there are some stuff that i am trying to figure out, because while using canvas as main theme, i able to see the tags only when displaying single post but not on my main page, i’lll get some time to see what’s wrong… and update this post.
Continue reading “Technorati tags and wordpress”
Short for search engine optimization, the process of increasing the amount of visitors to a Web site by ranking high in the search results of a search engine. The higher a Web site ranks in the results of a search, the greater the chance that that site will be visited by a user. It is common practice for Internet users to not click through pages and pages of search results, so where a site ranks in a search is essential for directing more traffic toward the site.
There are must be more than thousands of checklist for SEO on the web. I have been involved in some SEO lately and would like to share this experience. This is a quick list that will make sure that you climb up your page rank with Search Engine you will most likely go to be on the first page of Google.
I’ll take the example of some website who produces and sells boat models.
- Make sure that the pages are well planned and consistent
- Make use of well structured sentences that always reflect what user might type in to get to your website
- Do not spam your pages with keywords
- Do not put too much content on a page, because users won’t read them all.
- If you have a page for displaying for e.g a boat model “The Bounty” make sure that you mention “The Bounty”
as much as you can on the page. e.g The heading of the page, the link to historical background to the boat, in the description of the model itself. This will will help you gain evidence that this page is related to “The Bounty”
- Get backlinked whenever possible
- Each time your backlinked, that is another website if pointing on yours, you get some influence on the search engine. You should make sure that you “buzz” your website as much as possible. Try forums and so on.
- Make sure that the website your backlinked to is related to your bussiness background. E.g your won’t post your link on a Computer Programming Forum, this does not make anysense. Taking the e.g of the boat models website what could make sense are some souvenir website or even collectioners website to get backlinked from.
- Make extensive use of metatags keywords, description, abstract
- These are very important make sure that you include these on everypage that you want to be referenced by the search engine
- Also make sure that these reflects the content of your page. do not use keywords that are not even found in your page, this will not make any sense and the search engine bot might just ignore it. e.g if you have “boat, model, miniature, ship, bounty” in your keyword meta tag. Make sure that these keywords are mentioned in your page content.
- Make use of URL Rewritting
- Using URL Rewritting will be very benefit to your website. This will boost up your website referencing. Take for example of bussiness of boat models. If i have a decriptive page of my boat model the page URL should be something like that www.boatmodel.com/The_Bounty_Model.html instead of something like that www.boatmodel.com/Product.php?p=10223
- These URL will help your website gain in web rank. As for meta tags the keywords in those user friendly URL should also be present in your page content.
- The most and not the least make your website comfortable and easy to use.
- This is only a small talk about website usability, Your website should be as simple as possible depending on what is your audience. you should put in mind that not everyone is as expert as your developer. normal people don’t know that they must double click on some menu for something to happen of you should drag and drop some stuff in your browser for some other things to happen. Thus first place emphasis on the usability of your website, to make sure that when a user comes once, he/she will always want to be back some other time, because the website is very friendly and make me want to be back
This is a little of what i have learned for SEO. Hope that this can be of help.
while i was browsing the web, i came to watch this demo… it’s about sketchpad technology and physics… and it’s quiet impressive i can say
This system currently understands mechanical drawing and recognized simple mechanical elements. read the thesis for more details
yesterday, the second employee of the company started, she will be helping me out in the development and maintenance of the website. 🙂 i’ll have to show her everything about the web site architecture how it works and how to make modification, once this done serious work can start for both of us… the planning is simple…
Technologies that are changing the web 🙂